b. “User” refers to any person with an account using the Company’s application.
c. “Application” refers to the Company’s application available on mobile and tablet devices.
d. “Mentor” refers to a user on the Application who is:
i. an experienced person who has volunteered to give short term advice on a specialist subject, in which they are professionally experienced or qualified
ii. can be a young inexperienced person who has specific knowledge on a specific subject due to their current experience or education
iii. a suitably qualified academic with expert knowledge in a specialist topic
iv. can be any age above 13 years (14 years old for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea)
e. “Mentee” refers to anyone in receipt of advice or interested in seeking advice from a mentor
f. “Terms” refers to the Terms of Service
g. "Content" refers to any information, text, graphics, or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Service.
2. These Terms govern access to and use of the services, websites, and applications offered by the Company. Access to and use of the website (www.shareyourconnections.com) is conditioned on acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the website, the User agrees to be bound by these Terms.
3. The Term will begin when the User register an account on the Application and will remain in full force and effect whilst they have an account with The Company, subject to earlier removal or closure of the account.
4. While this agreement is in force, the User will not directly or through any intermediary enter into any other contract or arrangement between them other than that as agreed with the Company.
5. To terminate the agreement, the Usercan close their account. The Company reserves the right to close the account of any User, at any time.
6. The User must be over 13 years old (14 yearsold for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea).
7. The User agree to provide accurate information, including their real names when creating an account on the website www.shareyourconnections.com
8. The User is responsible for safeguarding their account passwords.
9. The Company reserves the right to change these Terms at any time.
10. The Company can stop the service at any time, or create usage limits.
11. By using the website, users confirm that they are not a Share Your Connections competitor.
12. The Company will not refund any User for any reason.
13. All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content.
14. The Company may not monitor or control Content posted via the Service or Application.
15. The User retains ownership of all Content they submit, post, display, or otherwise make available on the website.
16. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Service, the User grants worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
17. The User agrees that they have not and will not contribute any Content that
a. infringes, violates or otherwise interferes with any copyright or trademark of another party;
b. reveals any trade secret, unless the trade secret belongs to you or you have the owner's permission to disclose it;
c. infringes any intellectual property right of another or the privacy or publicity rights of another;
d. is libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, hateful, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party
e. creates an impression that you know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, including by impersonating others or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
f. contains other people's private or personal information without their express authorisation and permission, and/or
g. contains or links to a virus, trojan horse, worm, time bomb or other computer programming routine or engine that is intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information
18. The User must not do any of the following while accessing or using the Service
a. use the Service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities;
b. use the Service for the purpose of spamming anyone;
c. access or tamper with non-public areas of the Service, the Company's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of The Company's providers;
d. probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
e. access or search or attempt to access or search the Service by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through the currently available, published interfaces that are provided by the Company (and only pursuant to those terms and conditions), unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement with the Company
f. interfere with or disrupt (or attempt to do so) the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the Service
g. or by scripting the creation of Content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Service
19. The Company is not responsible for any content provided by third parties
20. All services must take place on the online Share Your Connections app and Users agree not to exchange personal details. Any users found exchanging personal details will be removed from the app. The Company is not responsible for any communication or activities that occur between Users outside of the platform
23. The Company is not responsible for the behaviour or activity of any of its users
24. Any claims must be solved in small claims court or through arbitration
25. The most the Company will compensate in damages is €100 (euros)
26. The User may not use or mention the Company’s name, logo or any other intellectual property of The Company in any of their publicity materials or in any announcement, without prior consent of the Company
27. The Company hereby agrees to engage the Mentor to provide the Mentee with services (the “Services”) consisting of:
a. taking the lead in supporting the Mentee through answering their question to the best of their capabilities and knowledge;
b. serving as a positive role model, career guide and academic advisor to the Mentee throughout the entire duration of which the Mentees solicits the Mentors services;
c. helping set goals with the Mentee and working towards accomplishing them;
d. focusing on the Mentees professional and development needs
28. The Mentor will not voluntarily, or by operation of law, assign or otherwise transfer its obligation under this Agreement to anyone else without prior consent of the Company.
29. The Services will also include any other tasks which the Parties may agree on. The Mentor hereby agrees to provide such services to the Mentee on behalf of the Company
30. On the Application, the mentor can:
a. only be asked a question online and via the online chat platform provided
b. can only be asked 1 question at a time
c. can only answer your question within the fixed parameters given
31. The company reserves the right to terminate the accounts of members who consistently score a low rating
Currency & Compensation
32. The advice and work provided by the Mentor is voluntary and considered an unpaid service
33. In providing the Services under this Agreement it is expressly agreed that the Mentor is acting as an independent Mentor and not as an employee. The Mentor and the Company acknowledge that this Agreement does not create a partnership or joint venture between them, and is exclusively a contract for the service